The Village School|
We are a small, independent school serving preschool, kindergarten, and grades 1-6. Our aim is to nurture children’s sense of wonder and to guide their pursuit of knowledge so that each child can integrate their own experience and transform it into understanding. Our program strives to maintain a balance between the work of the mind, the heart, and the body, in tune with the natural rhythm of a child’s development. The Village School is located on the common of the beautiful, quiet town of Royalston, in north central Massachusetts.
We can offer your child:
- A stable, supportive learning environment from preschool through grade 6.
- A hands-on, theme-based learning curriculum with fully integrated Curriculum.
- An innovative math program.
- Significant outdoor nature exploration, study, and play, including farming and forestry.
- A vibrant creative arts program and music instruction for all students.
- A proactive social curriculum, making room for each child’s voice and emphasizing student responsibility and problem solving.
- Small multi-age classes with attention to individual learning styles.
- Excellence of teaching staff.
- A “village” atmosphere where parents, students and teachers work together in a dynamic learning community.
Email us at email@example.com and you will get the newsletter each week.
“If I had influence with the good fairy… I should ask that her gift
to each child in the world be a sense of wonder so indestructible
that it would last throughout life……”